Terms & Content Policy
Virtual Event Place, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and brands (collectively, "VEP," "we," "us," or "our," as the context may require) is the provider of Virtual Event Place, a customized, brandable virtual trade show platform. VEP operates and provides www.virtualeventplace.com (the "Site"), including all content, functionality, applications and services offered on or through the Site (together with the Site, the "Services").
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use/Content Agreement
The Services are offered and available to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and their contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by VEP, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer or other electronic device may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You may not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
- You may not access or use any part of the Services for any commercial purposes.
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these terms and conditions or anywhere on the Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any intellectual property rights of VEP or any third party.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
"Virtual Event Place" and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of VEP or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of VEP. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Rules at VEP
To guide you in using the Site and the Services responsibly, VEP has established the following rules. If you do not abide by these rules while using the Site or the Services, VEP has the right to prohibit you from using the Site and the Services and may terminate your account (without a refund) that you may have on Site.
- Communicate to VEP or upload to or transmit on the Services any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner;
- Use the Services to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction;
- Intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail or other forms of electronic communication not intended for you;
- Misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization;
- Restrict or inhibit use of Services by others;
- Upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data;
- Collect information about others (including email addresses) without their consent;
- Download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the Services or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the Site or the Services);
- Post "spam," transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by VEP in its sole discretion, may harm VEP or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you transmit to VEP or submit on, to, or through the Services, and you, not VEP, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By transmitting material to VEP or the Services, you warrant that the material is your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to communicate it to VEP. You grant to VEP the right to use all content you transmit to VEP or the Services in any manner VEP chooses, including, but not limited to, copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
VEP reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (a) remove any material posted on the Services which VEP, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material VEP has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (b) terminate any user’s access to all or part of the Services. However, VEP can neither review all material before it is posted on the Services nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, VEP assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. VEP reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, the Services and the public; however, VEP has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
Your failure to comply with the above provisions may result in the termination of your access to the Services and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
Third Party Websites
While using the Site you may access third party web sites through search results displayed on the Site and links contained on the Site. Such third-party web sites are not under the control of VEP and VEP is not responsible for the availability of such sites or their contents. Any links provided on the Site are provided for your interest or convenience only and do not represent or imply any endorsement by VEP of any such linked site. You acknowledge that the use of such third party web sites is governed by the terms and conditions of use applicable to any such site.
VEP enables its users to post content (ie; articles, reviews, blogs, wikis, etc.) and comments on content, products and services (herein known as "Your Content"). Such users are solely responsible for any and all information posted as well as any consequences that may result from "Your Content".
Your Content must comply with the Content Standards set forth below.
Your Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing Your Content on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to Your Content and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for Your Content that you submit or contribute, and you, not VEP, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any of Your Content posted by you or any other user of the Services.
These content standards (the "Content Standards") apply to Your Content. Your Content must in its entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, Your Content may not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising; or
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any of Your Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Services, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
VEP may periodically schedule system downtime for maintenance and other purposes and the Services may be unavailable due to unplanned system outages or circumstances outside of our control. VEP shall have no liability to any user or third party whatsoever for the resulting unavailability of the Services or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages or the resultant delay, misdelivery, or non-delivery of information caused by such system outages.
We reserve the right to terminate, withdraw or amend the Services or any portion thereof, and any service or material we provide on or through the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the Services altogether.
We attempt to provide the most recent, accurate, and reliable information on our Site. However, there may be occasions when information featured on our Site may contain typographical errors, incomplete data, inaccuracies, or items featured on the Site that are no longer available. We do not warrant that the information accessible via the Site is accurate, complete or current. Any errors are unintentional and we apologize if erroneous information is reflected on the Site. We reserve the right to correct errors and to update product information at any time.
Account and Membership Information
Furthermore, by joining, subscribing or submitting information to VEP through the Site, you expressly grant VEP, its affiliates, or third party service providers the right to communicate with you via email, mail or telephone.
You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password and for restricting access to such information and to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. VEP reserves the right to suspend or cancel any user account for any other reason in its sole and absolute discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VEP NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH VEP MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VEP NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH VEP REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, VEP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VEP OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE OR ITS CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY HMF AND WHETHER OR NOT VEP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
These terms and conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and VEP with respect to the subject matter hereof. No failure on the part of VEP to exercise and no delay in exercising any right under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver of such right. If any provision contained in these terms and conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
When you visit the Site or send an email to us, you are communicating with VEP electronically. VEP may, in its discretion, communicate with you electronically, including but not limited to, by posting notices on the Site or by responding to your email. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures or other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Your Comments and Concerns